Singapore Concrete Institute (SCI), Geophysical Survey Inc (GSSI) and Sea and Land Technologies Pte Ltd (SALT) are jointly organizing a technical seminar on
Concrete NDT Inspection using GSSI GPR
Day/Date: Tuesday, 12th of October 2010
Programme: 9am to 6pm
Free Registration!!!! (Fully Sponsored by GSSI and SALT)
Refreshments and Lunch will be provided
PDU points pending
Limited numbers of seats are available, First come, first serve basis
Nanyang Technological University (Location Map is attached)
Nanyang Executive centre
60 Nanyang View, Singapore 639673
Lecture room 1 (education wing level 2)
Speaker: Robert Parrillo, Geophysical Survey Systems, Inc,
9:00 AM Registration
9:30 AM Welcome, introductions and schedule review
9:45 AM Introduction to GPR
What is GPR?
History of GPR
What components are in a GPR System?
What is GPR used for?
Applications with advantages and limitations
10:45 AM Coffee break
11:00 AM Profile and introduction on GSSI Concrete scanning Systems and antennas
1:00 PM Buffet lunch
2:00 Pm GPR for concrete inspection.
Hands-on demonstrations (Structure Scan Mini & Structure Scan Optical)
3:30 PM Coffee break
3:45 PM Data Processing & Presentation
5:30 PM Q & A
6:00 PM Close
Geophysical Survey Systems, Inc
12 Industrial Way
Salem, NH 03841 USA
*Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from Bridgeport Engineering Institute, Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA. (Acquired by Fairfield University in 1994) BSEE – Bridgeport Engineering Institute, Fairfield, CT
*Coursework in Mechanical Engineering – Norwalk State Technical College, Norwalk, CT
*Professional sales training: Professional Selling Skills (Achieve Global), Samurai Selling and Demos (Corporate Visions); Strategies for Selling Technical Industrial Products, Principles of Professional Selling, Value Added Selling
* The Integration of Ground Penetrating Radar and Falling Weight Deflectometer
* Bridge Deck Condition Assessment Using Ground Penetrating Radar
* Comparison of Ground Coupled and Air-Launched Antennas for Bridge Deck Condition Assessment.
* Bridge Deck Condition Assessment Using GPR: Comparison of 1 GHz and 2 GHz air-launched Horn Antennas
* GPR TEAM Founding Member and Annual Meeting Chairman
* Transportation Research Board Exhibitor Advisory Council
* ASTM International
Relevant Work Experience:
2003 to Present Geophysical Survey Systems Salem, NH, Sales Manager – Asia
1994 to 2000 ADCOLE Corp. Marlboro, MA, Manufacturer of sophisticated automated measuring solutions. Highly technical capital equipment sale on a long sales cycle. National Account Manager
1992 to 1994 New England Engineering Hampstead, NH, Principal
* Consulting engineer for Carl Zeiss IMT Division – Developed and conducted training classes and on-site applications engineering for Zeiss CNC coordinate measuring machines.
* Consulting engineer for Robotic Unlimited Resources Provided electrical and mechanical engineering services for commercial industrial welding robots.
* Consulting engineer for Critical Care America Participated in the design and implementation of sixty local area networks nationwide.
1988 to 1992 Computrol, Inc. North Andover, MA, Senior Sales Engineer (1990 – 1992)
1984 to 1988 Carl Zeiss, Inc. IMT Division Thornwood, NY, Manufacturer of high accuracy coordinate measuring machines, Senior Engineer Central Staff.
Download the Flayer and Reply form here reply_slip_for_concrete_ndt_inspection.pdf